Wednesday, July 15, 2015

4 wins in 4

PPCFC vs Army, back row, LtoR: Obadin, Thierry, Bisan, Makara, Ary, Boris (capt). Front: Sokthorn, Matnorotin, Suhana, Dani, Booysen
Wednesday 15 July 2015: Phnom Penh Crown 2 Army 0 (Metfone C-League).
Crown's South African wing wizard Shane Booysen will be wondering how he didn't kill off Army almost single-handedly at RSN Stadium this evening. He scored with the last kick of the first-half, completing the perfect finish to a perfect one-two move with Va Sokthorn that completely tore open the Army defence, but was upset at the final whistle that he didn't do better with other chances that came his way. In the fifth minute he struck the cross-bar and late in the half, sent clear by Kouch Dani, he rounded the goalkeeper for an easy tap-in, only to see Op Kamol recover to save on the goal-line. Twice in the second-half, keeper Yok Ary sent Booysen speeding clear of the Army defenders, but his first chance went skidding wide and the other was snuffed out by Army keeper Um Sereyroth, who was also at full stretch to keep another snap-shot by Booysen at bay and then saved a late effort with his feet at the near post.
Sereyroth was an obstacle Crown found hard to breakdown with Sary Matnorotin seeing the keeper pull off a great stop early on. However, the first goal arrived on 37 minutes as Matnorotin's corner found George Bisan unmarked ten yards out and he headed the ball into the bottom corner for the opener. Booysen's goal gave the home team a two-goal interval lead. After the break it was Sereyroth who was to deny Bin Thierry and Keo Sokngon, with other efforts blocked or wayward as Crown failed to add to their tally and had to settle for a 2-nil victory, their fourth win in succession.

In a positive mood after the final whistle, head coach Sam Schweingruber gave his view on the 2-0 success over Army."We have managed to create a lot of chances today. I think Shane in particular must feel disappointed not to have scored more - he did a lot of things very well, though some of it was the keeper and others, his lack of urgency and too many touches. 
We had a lot more control over the game today than the last few matches. We won the last game 6-1 but I feel more happy with the way we played today. We played the way we wanted to, we created enough chances, should've score more and will be kicking ourselves if goal difference will be the decider later on. I'm happy with the discipline we showed and whilst it wasn't 90 minutes of entertainment, after the last few games, I feel much better with our performance today - as I saw a team in most situations implement the game plan and follow instructions.
Sorry for the fans who were hoping for more entertainment and goals - I think we created a lot of chances - but at the end of the day we did the job and with disciplined performances like this, we can build upon and be ready for the next games, which will come very quickly."

No comments: