Saturday, August 8, 2015


Saturday 8 August 2015: Phnom Penh Crown 7 Svay Rieng 1 (Metfone C-League).
The smile across George Bisan’s face at the full-time whistle said it all as the Nigerian hotshot demolished Svay Rieng at RSN Stadium with a 4-goal haul as Crown went on the goal rampage, winning 7-1 to register a memorable double over their rivals. Bisan confidently scored his first after just two minutes and Keo Sokngon set up Shane Booysen for number two, and the South African ball wizard netted with a perfect lob into the net on 10 minutes. Another piece of brilliance by Booysen as he flicked Touch Sokheng’s pass over the head of the defender and crashed his shot into the top corner gave Crown a three-goal margin on 21 minutes. Crown continued their dominance though keeper Yok Ary was called on to make two saves before the visitors went down to 10-men as Sok Samnang was red-carded for a second booking with three minutes of the first-half left to play.
Keo Sokpheng put an inch-perfect cross onto the head of Bisan on 52 minutes as Crown cemented their control with their 4th, but the striker sent a good chance the wrong side of the post after set up by Kok Boris soon after. Santi Koroma had replaced Booysen and nipped in before the keeper to tuck the ball home from Bisan’s pass on 61 minutes, though Atuheire Kipson saved Svay Rieng from a whitewash with a goal on 71 minutes. Ary and the cross-bar denied the visitors a second before Crown stormed back through a fine solo goal from Bisan on 81 minutes, and the top scorer was at it again with five minutes remaining, rising high to head Koroma’s cross inside the post for number 7 and a deserved win for the home side.
Head coach Sam Schweingruber’s after-match comments were: “We couldn’t ask for more than being up after a couple of minutes. I think we deserved it, the other team look scared from the beginning, we had the right intensity. I saw from the start that our boys were there to show what we are capable of doing. So very pleased with how we started the game. I wanted us to have a quality second period, as often we only play one good half. I’m very pleased with the second-half, even though they created some chances, which was impressive, and they kept trying, but we were disciplined enough, we have learned from previous mistakes in other games, and I think our quality and maturity was there for everyone to see.
George and Shane make a difference at certain times in games. I am happy with their impressive goals record. But I do want to see other players on the scoresheet. An impressive performance, a deserved win and an excellent reaction to the disappointment of the draw with Police, which we evaluated very carefully and now we are marching forward with these two wins over Svay Rieng. It was great to see so many fans today, supporting us in great numbers. Hopefully they can come to support us against Naga at Olympic Stadium on Wednesday.”

No comments: