Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Booyse signs on for 2 more years

PPCFC is very excited to announce that the club's number 11, Shane Booysen, who wowed the club's fans with his lightning quick feet and outstanding ball wizardry in his first season last year, has put pen to paper to sign a new contract for the next two years. After competing a season that included a personal goal tally of 24 goals and collecting his teammates' award as Most Valuable Player, not to mention the fans award for Goal of the Season (against AEU), the Cape Town-born fan's favourite has pledged himself to the club until the end of 2017. 
Shane has just returned to RSN from a break to see his family in South Africa and was delighted to sign for two more years. "Last year was the most dramatic season in my career, even the last day ended in drama. Overall it was a very good season, not only for me but for the team. I think together we grew a lot, with everything that happened it made us even closer, it made us champions not just as a team, but as individuals as well, because we had to overcome so much. For myself, it was a good season and I'm looking forward to doing the same and even adding more if I can. My contribution to the team was good, I did what I could, I set some personal goals, I achieved most of them, but overall, I think I could've done better. Knowing myself and knowing the potential of the team, I think we could've won the league easily, but due to the circumstances, we still managed to retain our title, which was the important result.
Looking forward, the upcoming All Star matches are a big bonus for me, having been selected for the team. I feel really honoured and very pleased to have this opportunity. I returned a bit late to pre-season training, so it's an interruption but at the same time it will give me match fitness and the experience of playing against the two highest-level clubs in Thailand. So it's all good. I played a friendly match against each team (Muangthong and Buriram) for my old club in Thailand, it was a good experience, so I know what to expect and I know what's expected of me as well. I'm looking forward to the games." 
Shane, now 27 years old, signed for Crown in March of last year, scoring two goals in his first friendly match against BBU in February, with head coach Sam Schweingruber saying at the time: “We are delighted Shane has signed with us, he was our target player to get on board. He is both experienced and talented and his outstanding technique has in the past weeks excited teammates, staff and fans." The excitement was to continue throughout the season. Shane was born in Cape Town, the second-largest city in South Africa and began playing football at Ajax Cape Town as a ten-year-old. Four years later he joined the full-time Hellenic FC Academy, one of the best in the country, for three years and appeared for the Western Province U-17s. In his mid-teens he moved to the country’s most successful club Mamelodi Sundowns and played for their reserves for two years before spells at Gleneden United, back to Ajax Cape Town and a loan stint in the National First Division with Ikapa Sporting. In March of 2014, he took the decision to pursue his career goals abroad, moved to Thailand and played regularly for Rbac Mittraphap and Bangkok Christian College-Tero in the Thai Regional League Division 2 before joining Crown.

No comments: