Friday, April 28, 2017

The best present

Ahead of Saturday's big match, one player who has been influential at both PPCFC and Boeung Ket is Keo Sokngon. As a teenager he won two League Championships and two Hun Sen Cups with Crown before spending a year in Thailand with Samut Sakhon. In 2012 he returned to Cambodia to join Boeung Ket and win the league title for a third time. He rejoined PPCFC in June 2015 and was part of our Championship-winning team that year, collecting his 4th league winners medal. Add to that 3 MVP awards and many international appearances for the Cambodia National Team and Sokngon's career has been a success story. "It's my birthday on Sunday so I want to give our fans the best present - a victory. These games attract a lot of fans, both teams have had great success and when they meet, it's always a fantastic game for the players and fans, just like the biggest games around the world. I've had good times at both clubs though my dream this season is for PPCFC to be in the top 4 and then win another championship, as well as the Hun Sen Cup, which I believe we can do." When asked to highlight the best moment of his career, Sokngon returns to his youth. "My best memory was when my dream came true and I played for the Cambodia U-17 team in Phnom Penh against Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei and Malaysia and scored 3 goals. It was the start of everything. I will never forget it."

No comments: