Saturday, January 11, 2014

Svay Rieng defeated

PPCFC in 3rd period: Back Row, LtoR: Soksela, Morslim, Boran, Srin, Sokheng, Suhana. Front Row: Sarak, Hutchinson, Pisa, Thierry, Makara - click to enlarge
Result: PPCFC 3 Svay Rieng 0 (Friendly).
Phnom Penh Crown played their 24th practice match of their pre-season preparation this morning at RSN against rivals Svay Rieng, and ran out 3-0 winners. Without goalkeeper Sou Yaty, nursing an ankle sprain and South Korean Jeong Ho Kim (toe injury) and Om Tola (neck), coach Sam Schweingruber gave a run out to Guam's Marcus Lopez, back for a second stint with Crown. However, it didn't go well for the striker, who twisted his ankle in the warm-up and struggled throughout the first of the three 40-minute periods of play. The home team got off to a solid start and took the lead on nine minutes as Lopez's step-over saw the ball run onto Hong Pheng and his pass into the path of Khim Borey was perfect for the striker to by-pass the visiting goalkeeper and slot into an empty net. Soon after George Bisan robbed a defender and bore down on goal, only to see his shot rebound back into play off the foot of the upright. Odion Obadin ventured forward but sent a half-volley high and wide, while Lopez looked certain to score as Neou Sosela's cross found him at the far post only for Am Sovannarath to close the angle as he shot. Bisan set up Borey with a volleyed pass but he lobbed his shot over the top, though he was on target again, 32 minutes into the game. Pheng found Bisan and his inch-perfect through ball saw Borey body-swerve around Sovannarath and easily net his second of the game. Crown led 2-0 as the game became a little tetchy at the end of the first period. Svay Rieng were more purposeful after the break and Yok Ary was on his toes to twice deny goal-bound efforts. Borey went close to his hat-trick as he set up Sosela, who fired across the face of goal, with Borey following up and doing likewise when well placed. Prak Mony Udom tested Ary who responded with a tip-over save as the game entered the third period with no change to the scoreline. Ly Morslim leaned backwards and fired over from ten yards out early on as Long Boran tested Svay Rieng on the left flank. Teenager Keo Soksela was called into action a couple of times for Crown, smothering a couple of breakaways but then gifted the opposition with a poor clearance, but they fired against the post and the danger was cleared. Bin Thierry found Boran who burst into the box, only to send his shot past the far post. The same player took a Sos Suhana pass in his stride, swerved around two defenders only to see his shot well saved at the foot of the post. Thierry got in a great recovery tackle as Svay Rieng broke, but the last word went to Crown in the 36th minute of the third period, as Suhana broke to the bye-line and his low cross was swept home by Ly Morslim to give Crown a 3-0 victory against last season's C-League champions.
PPCFC v Svay Rieng: Ary (Soksela 81), Da (Srin 81), Pheng (Pisa 81), Boris (Hutchinson 81), Obadin (Sarak 81), Sothy (Suhana 71), Sokumpheak (Thierry 54), Sosela (Makara 81), Borey (Sokheng 71), Bisan (Morslim 81), Lopez (Boran 41). MOTM: Obadin - a rock, as usual. Goals: Borey 2 (9, 32), Morslim (116).
PPCFC starting XI, back row, LtoR: Ary, Obadin, Borey, Lopez, Pheng, Bisan. Front Row: Sothy, Sosela, Boris, Sokumpheak, Da - click to enlarge

No comments: