Saturday, January 25, 2014

The big kick-off

National Police began with a 2-0 win over Kirivong
The Metfone C-League kicked-off this afternoon with 2 games at Olympic Stadium and one at the Army Stadium. Over at the Army HQ, Boeung Ket took advantage of Albirex Niigata losing their keeper at the break and not having a replacement, winning 4-1. Chan Vathanaka netted a hat-trick and Keo Sokpheng scored for BK, with Kanuk Tatsuta scoring for the Japanese-backed team. The Rubbermen scored two of their goals in the dying seconds of the game. Albirex need to get their act together quickly or else they could start to fall behind the pace. Over at the Olympic Stadium, the National Police beat Kirivong 2-0 but it was a drab, dire affair for the tv cameras to capture - bet they wish they hadn't. The game kicked-off at the new time of 3.45pm and Noun Borey scored both for Police, a free-kick on 8 minutes and then a back post volley 14 minutes after the restart. Aside from those two efforts, there was nothing for the spectators to cheer. At all. The later game, 6pm under floodlights, was better. Both BBU and TriAsia, making their CPL debut, gave a better account of themselves, even if chances were few and far between. BBU opened the scoring six minutes before the interval after keeper Hem Simay was punished for a terrible punch out against his former club. Omokafe Adeyanju, on the floor, made him pay dearly. Ten minutes after the break, the advantage swung in TriAsia's favour when Kouch Dani rode a poor tackle from Phin Pheara who went for an early bath, courtesy of the ever-willing Thong Chankethya's red card. On 68 minutes Sok Chanrasmey, introduced as a sub, poked the equaliser home after poor defending and should've scored the winner, three minutes into injury time, but fluffed the opportunity. So all square, 1-1. And the Metfone C-League is well and truly underway.
Kirivong looked less than interested, losing 2-0 to Police. They had no foreign players.

TriAsia refused to take off their tracksuits for the photo, and their coaching staff also joined in - the FFC match administrator did nothing to prevent it

BBU looked good for a point against TriAsia after going down to 10-men

No comments: