Saturday, February 1, 2014

Newcomers snatch win

TriAsia, still hiding their jerseys under tracksuits, beat Boeung Ket 2-1
It all turned into handbags at five paces at the end of TriAsia's 2-1 win over Boeung Ket at Olympic Stadium tonight. The offer of a handshake by the Japanese coach of the winning team was refused and an altercation ensued as the newcomers to the Metfone C-League took the three points against one of the league's fancied teams. It all looked so promising for the Rubbermen as Chan Vathanaka's surge was illegally brought to an end by Hem Simay in the TriAsia goal to give new recruit Elroy van der Hooft a gift from the penalty spot after just 15 minutes. However, Simay was in no mood to confirm a debut present and pushed the spot-kick away. The match sparked a few minutes before the break when Ros Samoeun escaped what should've been a red card for an elbow, Vathanaka was cautioned for sprinting fifty yards to push the wronged Masakazu Kihara (one of 3 Japanese players for TriAsia), and moments later, TriAsia took the lead when Kouch Dani unleashed a 35-yard screamer which hit the bar, bounced down onto the prostrate Peng Bunchhay and trickled into the net for an own goal. Three minutes into time added on before the break, Dutchman van der Hooft made amends for his earlier miss with a sweetly struck low drive into the far corner to level the game. Not much was seen of TriAsia as an attacking unit throughout the game, but half an hour into the 2nd period and substitute Suong Virak sprinted past the static Boeung Ket defence to lob the ball over Bunchhay, for the winner, against his former teammates. Despite a strikeforce boasting van der Hooft, Vathanaka, Khuon Laboravy and Chukwuma Ohuruogu, the Rubbermen were blunted and frustrations boiled over on the touchline, as the final whistle blew.
Boeung Ket go down 2-1 to newboys TriAsia
In the first game at Olympic, Western Uni used their African connection to beat AEU with all the goals coming in the 2nd half, in a 3-1 win. Nigerian David Njoku netted twice after he pushed up front and Cameroonian Privat Mbarga struck a sweet third after Men Seyha had put past his own keeper to give AEU a brief glimmer. In the two matches at Army Stadium, NagaCorp could only manage a goal-less draw with Kirivong, whilst Albirex Niigata took the lead against Svay Rieng but were then crushed 6-2.
The winning Western Uni line-up, 3-1 v AEU

AEU went down to their 2nd successive MCL defeat against Western Uni

No comments: