Saturday, March 15, 2014

Svay Rieng crushed

PPCFC v Svay Rieng 1st half, back row, LtoR: Obadin, Kim, Pheng, Bisan, Srin, Yaty. Front Row: Borey, Boris, Suhana, Makara, Sokumpheak - click to enlarge
Result: Phnom Penh Crown 5 Svay Rieng 1 (Friendly).
Crown ran riot in the first-half of their practice match with Svay Rieng this afternoon at RSN Stadium. In intense heat with an early afternoon kick-off, Phnom Penh Crown took the game to their opponents and took the lead after just six minutes. Khim Borey, who moments earlier had fired wide, slid in George Bisan and as the keeper came out, he rolled the ball under him to open the scoring. Sou Yaty was alert to save low down before another Borey cross saw Jeong Ho Kim send a diving header two feet wide. On 17 minutes that man Bisan was again on target with his second goal. Ngoy Srin sent over a high cross to the far post where Bisan's initial header was blocked but he reacted first to fire home the loose ball as it fell, ten yards out. Just two minutes later, Crown added another wound as a quick break saw Bisan's pass allow Borey to cut inside and unleash an unstoppable 25-yard screamer that struck the crossbar before hitting the net with venom. Kim was set up by Bisan but blazed his shot over the top close close-in and another Borey dipping drive was punched to safety by the Svay Rieng keeper. The high intensity that Crown maintained for the opening thirty minutes was simply too hot for their opponents to handle. However, they were offered a lifeline on 35 minutes when Odion Obadin's back pass fell short and Sou Yaty was beaten for the jump as Svay Rieng grabbed a consolation. Yaty was again in the right place to produce a good stop as Crown took a few minutes to regain their composure. Borey broke clear and fed Bisan but his powerful shot smashed into the face of a Svay Rieng defender, before Crown's South Korean import, Kim added to the opposition's woes. On 42 minutes Borey's bye-line cross was touched on by Bisan to Kim, whose first shot was blocked but he was not to be denied as he forced the ball over the goal-line. With Crown making a few changes, one of the new arrivals, Sraing Titchhy crossed and as the ball was cleared to Bisan, he let fly with a first-time low drive from outside the box that gave him a first-half hat-trick, two minutes before the break. A raft of Crown changes followed at half-time with only Obadin retaining his place in defence as they looked to extend their 5-1 lead. Within three minutes of the restart, Titchhy was doubly unlucky as his first drive struck the foot of the upright and his follow-up header slammed against the other post. Yok Ary was rounded on 65 minutes but the Svay Rieng striker missed the gaping open goal, and the Crown keeper was alert to a 25-yard drive a minute later. In an otherwise even second-half, Reo Nakamura crossed for Neou Sosela to volley across the face of the goal with the final chance of the match. 

PPCFC v Svay Rieng: Yaty (Ary 46), Srin (Dara 20), Pheng (Pisa 46), Boris (Sarak 46), Obadin, Sokumpheak (Sothy 42), Suhana (Nakamura 46), Borey (Titchhy 43), Makara (Sosela 46), Kim (Katanha 46), Bisan (Oliveira 44). Booking: Sosela. MOTM: Bisan, in unstoppable form. Goals: Bisan 3 (6, 16, 43), Borey (19), Kim (42).
PPCFC 2nd half, back Row, LtoR: Obadin, Sarak, Oliveira, Pisa, Katanha, Ary. Front: Sothy, Sosela, Titchhy, Dara, Nakamura - click to enlarge

No comments: