Friday, August 15, 2014

Bosma flies in

Koen Bosma signs on the dotted line
Phnom Penh Crown have signed Dutch attacking midfielder Koen Bosma, as one of their foreign players for next season. Koen, who will be 24 next month, enjoyed a successful trial with Crown in July, including three goals in a practice match with TriAsia, and is keen to make his mark at the club. "Joining PPCFC is a perfect move for me. Right from the start Sam gave me a good feeling about Cambodia and the club and all the guys were really nice - it just felt so comfortable. I have high expectations and the fans can expect goals and assists from me. I am a player who loves to have the ball and take on opponents. I know PPCFC are the most respected club in Cambodia and I'm proud to be a part of the Crown Family - I can't wait to get started." Koen began his football in the academy at HFC Haarlem in Holland, before signing professional and making his debut in the Jupiler League (the Dutch 2nd Division) in 2009. He moved onto AZ Alkmaar briefly when Haarlem went bankrupt, before joining VVSB in the Topklasse League, the Dutch third tier, four years ago. Last season, Koen scored 17 goals and provided 16 assists in 27 matches for VVSB, completed his masters degree in International Sports Management and is really looking forward to making Cambodia his new home. Head coach Sam Schweingruber is pleased with his new addition. "I am very happy that this deal with Koen has come through. I considered him for the second part of the season in May but it didn’t work out back then. Later he came for try-out and showed determination to be part of our project. He is technically very good and because he uses both feet equally, for a defender he's hard to predict. He has great instincts and scores lots of goals. I also like his confidence and ambition - somebody that it is a joy to work with. He is smart, disciplined and professional - what we need to move forward in our attempt to be the best club in Cambodia and to retain our title."

No comments: