Saturday, October 25, 2014

Crown much too strong

PPCFC v TriAsia, back row, LtoR: Srin, Obadin, Pheng, Bosma, Bisan, Yaty. Front: Sothy, Boris, Makara, Sokumpheak, Pellegrino - click to enlarge

Saturday 25 October 2014: Result: Phnom Penh Crown 5 TriAsia 2 (Friendly).
Crown dominated this practice match, switched to Olympic Stadium, from start to finish, and deservedly won but will be disappointed to concede two goals, as they look to their final preparations before their trip to Vietnam for the Toyota Mekong Club Championships. Strengthened with the return of five players from national team duty, it was fit-again George Bisan who rammed home Crown’s opening goal on 13 minutes. Adriano Pellegrino’s corner found Odion Obadin in space at the back post and his downward header was blasted home by last season’s top goalscorer, who returned to training this week after a couple of months on the sidelines. On 20 minutes, Koen Bosma’s low center found Leng Makara in acres of space but his side-foot effort missed the target. Kouch Dani fired TriAsia’s only opportunity high and wide as the first of three 35-minute periods came to a close. Four minutes after the restart, Pellegrino was fouled on the edge of the penalty box and Bosma wasted no time in spotting space inside the far post and his free-kick was aimed perfectly for Crown’s second goal. Sou Yaty recovered from a poor kick out by stopping TriAsia’s advance with his legs, with Crown quickly going up the other end to extend their lead on 43 minutes. Pellegrino took aim from thirty yards and his low skidding drive went through the arms and legs of the TriAsia goalkeeper and crossed the goal-line before he could recover. Dani struck the cross-bar moments before his teammates pulled a goal back through Sopheak as Crown’s defensive line caved in too easily. Less than a minute later, George Bisan was amongst the goals again as Pellegrino’s pass allowed Bosma all the time he needed to pick out Bisan at the far post with a pinpoint cross and the striker powered the ball home with a forceful header. 53 minutes on the clock.

Dutchman Bosma tried an audacious chip from just inside the half-way line and Obadin failed to keep his shot down as a corner was laid back into his path. Five minutes into the third period and substitute Baldwin Ngwa’s headed goal put Crown in total control. Sos Suhana picked out Va Sokthorn’s run into the box and his chest down and pass to Ngwa was spot-on. Two chances in a minute came and went as both Ngwa and Khim Borey missed the target, before Soeukirin made Crown pay for waiting for an offside whistle by firing home TriAsia’s second goal on 81 minutes. The goal will give coach Sam Schweingruber much to work on before the team head to Vietnam next Wednesday. Ngwa was denied by the keeper’s legs, who also saved Sokthorn’s 20-yard drive.  Borey missed a simple chance that was identical to Makara’s earlier miss and then sent a stooping header a foot wide. Ngwa was causing problems and went close with three more opportunities including a toe-poke against the upright from Borey’s incisive pass.   
PPCFC v TriAsia: Yaty (Ary 71), Pheng (Pisa 71), Srin (Da 58 (Sokheng 88)), Boris (Chhaya 105), Obadin, Sothy (Suhana 63 (Chanpolin 105)), Sokumpheak (Sodavid 88), Makara (Sothy 71 (Sovythang 88), Bosma (Sokthorn 71), Pellegrino (Baldwin 71), Bisan (Borey 63 (Titchhy 105)). Goals: Bisan 2 (13, 53), Bosma (39), Pellegrino (43), Ngwa (75).

No comments: