Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Booysen show

PPCFC vs TriAsia, back row, LtoR; Sokheng, Boris, Kim, Makara, Obadin, Ary. Front: Sothy, Momoh, Boran, Bisan, Booysen - click to enlarge
Result: Phnom Penh Crown 5 TriAsia PP 1 (Friendly).
At the final whistle Shane Booysen felt he didn't play so well this afternoon, despite the fleet-footed South African scoring two and making two more in this well-deserved 5-1 success for Crown at RSN Stadium. The TriAsia team had held the Cambodia national team to a goalless draw in midweek but were no match for Crown in this encounter. With head coach Sam Schweingruber on his way back from Spain, his assistant Tes Sophat was in charge and gave starting berths to two players on trial, Booysen and Momoh Sumaila. Booysen will kick himself when he sees the replay of a chance on eight minutes when Ouk Sothy set him free down the middle but his lob went wide of the far post. Yok Ary was down well to block a shot soon after before Crown took the lead on 22 minutes. Booysen's free-kick accuracy was evident as Odion Obadin outjumped the TriAsia defence to head home a pinpoint cross. Leng Makara, from George Bisan's pass, had a shot blocked by Hem Simay's legs, whilst at the other end, Chan Rithy's disguised free-kick produced a wonderful one-handed save from Jun Kochi, who replaced Ary on the half-hour. Crown would use four keepers in the match. Bisan volleyed over from distance and Jeongho Kim had a drilled shot held low down by Simay before Crown netted a second a minute before the break. It was the Booysen-Obadin combination once again as a free-kick from the right flank unerringly found the defenders' head and the back of the net.

There was no change after the break as Crown continued to control the match. Makara fired into the side netting and Kim headed over the bar under pressure. Momoh's smart pass to Makara saw the winger drill a shot across the face of goal, and he then found Booysen, whose first-time effort went wide too. Bisan's forceful run and cross saw Kim denied on the goal-line amidst a dust cloud, and Booysen had a shot held by the keeper. Khmer-French trialist keeper Danny Srey saved with his feet and then at the foot of the post before Booysen finished off a sweeping six-man, one-touch move with a thumping left foot dipping drive for Crown's third goal, and followed it with a double somersault to celebrate. It came on 74 minutes with Chey Chetra supplying the final pass. Srey had no chance with TriAsia's consolation goal three minutes later. On 83 minutes Booysen showed sublime touch and skill as he latched onto a quick free-kick, left two defenders in his wake on the bye-line before nonchalantly flicking the ball past the keeper for a stunning individual goal. Two minutes later another piece of Booysen magic set up Um Tola but he squirmed his low drive wide of the far post. With a minute to go, Ivory Coast trialist Franck Yapo capitalised on another Booysen dribble, and sold the keeper a dummy before rolling the ball into the net for Crown's fifth and a satisfying victory. 
PPCFC vs TriAsia: Ary (Kochi 31, (Srey 60, (Usarphea 81))), Boris, Boran, Sokheng, Obadin, Sothy, Kim (Tola 66), Sumaila, Makara (Chetra 64), Booysen, Bisan (Yapo 76). Booking: Boran. MOTM: Obadin + Booysen. Goals: Obadin 2 (22, 43), Booysen 2 (74, 83), Yapo (89).

No comments: