Monday, October 17, 2011

Booth confirms another 12 months

Crown sign David Booth for another 12 months
Phew...the best news we could've hoped for... David Booth has signed a new 12-month contract to stay on as head coach at Phnom Penh Crown. I know that a gaggle of foreign club sides as well as national teams were sniffing around after David led Crown to the Metfone C-League title and the AFC President's Cup Final over the past couple of months, but David was keen to carry on the job he's begun so well at Crown.
In confirming that he's signed a new extended contract, David said: "I had several options including national teams but it suits me to stay. There was a lot for me to consider but I am happy to stay because of the ambitions and targets that this club has. Now I will have the time and can work with my players on a one-to-one basis and help them better understand the principles of the game. My aim will be to mould a better organized team with more consistency of play, plus the ongoing development of individuals. All of which is vital for the club to progress and move forward from last season's success. As for new faces, I am looking at the availability of players at the moment...though some Cambodian clubs seem to have there own rules and agenda on the movement of players from one club to another."
David arrived at Crown at the end of June after a series of successful club and national team attachments in Africa and Asia over the past twenty years. He then guided Crown to a run of eight consecutive victories and a draw that won the C-League title for the second successive season and
almost captured the AFC President's Cup in a controversial Final in Taiwan. With another twelve months to look forward to, Crown's supporters will be hoping for more of the same under their talismanic head coach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish he could be the national team's coach.