Monday, March 1, 2010

Press talk

The whole of the inside back page of today's Phnom Penh Post carries my reports
I write football match reports for the English-language newspaper Phnom Penh Post and you can read my view on Saturday's Hun Sen Cup ties online later today. I've no idea why the editor got the idea that Crown beat Naga 7-6 on penalties, as it was clearly 4-3 to everyone that was present, including me. Reports. The PPP have come a long way from November 2008 when I wrote to the editor, and they published my letter, bemoaning the complete absence of local sports coverage, especially football. Nowadays they do Cambodian football a great service, with match previews, match reports, photos, midweek news stories, lots of coverage of the international team and so on. You've got to hand it to them, they provide a level of local and national sports coverage that their rivals simply can't compete with. And very soon they will expand that with a weekly Khmer language edition sports supplement. Hats off to the PPP. Obviously, I have a vested interest but you can't argue with the facts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May i ask what is your job in Cambodia?

Andy Brouwer said...

Dear Anon,
My full time job is working for a tour operator. My part time job is a sports writer for the Phnom Penh Post.
Andy