Monday, April 15, 2013

Booth to move

David Booth will be leaving Salgaocar soon
Former Phnom Penh Crown coach David Booth has turned the corner at Indian Premier League club Salgaocar after his new club suffered a shocking start to the season. The arrival of some new faces in the transfer window made the difference and they are now out of the relegation mire, and undefeated in their last four outings. However, Booth is not a happy bunny and after watching his players beat United Sikkim 9-0 he told the press he was on his way out. In his typical blunt style, he said; "I don't know (if Salgaocar will be one of the front-runners next season). I won't be here. They told me that they can't keep me. I've got some interested teams, but nothing concrete at the moment. I'll be going on a holiday. I won't be here after that, so good luck to them. I have worked all over the world so I'm prepared to go anywhere. I've got a lot of contacts." David, 64, is no stranger to Indian football having coached both Mahindra United (twice) and Mumbai, as well as being voted India's coach of the year in 2009. David joined the Goa-based club in November after leaving Crown, where he guided the club to the C-League title and the final of the AFC President's Cup.

No comments: