Sunday, January 30, 2011

Breaking sweat

Coach of the winning Naga team, Prak Sovananara
The quarter-finalists for the Hun Sen Cup 2011 have been decided after today's two remaining 2nd round matches. Naga Corp hardly broke sweat in brushing aside Koh Kong 4-0, whilst Kirivong Sok Sen Chey found their province neighbours Takeo a tough nut to crack before recording a 4-1 success. Naga scored all of their goals in the 1st half with 2 goals in as many minutes effectively undoing Koh Kong's rearguard action. The first arrived on 23 minutes when Teab Vathanak deftly flicked in a header from Meas Channa's corner to the near post. That was followed up by Channa grabbing his own goal, latching onto a Pok Chanthan through ball. Just after the half hour Vathanak showed off his deadball talents with a direct free-kick from the edge of the box that arrowed past Koh Kong's replacement keeper Chhin Leang Srun. Six minutes before the interval, Chin Chum raced onto Om Thavrak's 45-yard pass and kept his cool with a neat chip over Srun's head. 4-nil at half-time and the game was over. Naga took their foot off the pedal and only briefly sparked whilst Koh Kong found their way to goal blocked with neither side troubling the scoreboard in the 2nd half.
Naga Corp, sporting their unappealing grey kit, won 4-0
Koh Kong found themselves unable to break down the Naga Corp defence
Meak Chhordaravuth netted twice for Kirivong against Takeo in their 4-1 win
With two teams from the same province contesting the final round 16 match, something had to give. Whilst Takeo were the obvious underdogs against their C-League neighbours, the minnows gave as good as they got in the first-half and even struck the crossbar from distance. Kirivong were harried out of their normal game, with Takeo spirited, busy and yapping at Kirivong's heels throughout and nil-nil at the interval was a great platform for a cup shock. However, Kirivong got their noses in front with two goals in 3 minutes, the first coming on 58 minutes with Sos Nasiet credited with the final touch. Adding a further nail in Takeo's coffin, new signing Meak Chhordaravuth from Chhma Khmao gladly accepted a pass from Mech Sophasith and slotted home. No-one had told Takeo that the game was over and they bounced back five minutes later when Hy Sokveng's free-kick split the defensive wall and bounced wickedly over Keum Makara in the Kirivong goal. It was nip and tuck for a while, with the crowd behind the underdogs but Kiriviong didn't buckle and with ten minutes to go they added a killer third goal. The scorer was 16-goal In Vichheka, who had prodded and poked at the Takeo defence all game and finally found room to toe-poke the ball past keeper Sos Isa from Chhordaravuth's slick pass. In time added on Chhordaravuth added his second with a cool finish to send Takeo out of the cup and Kirivong marching on.
Kirivong SSC beat their Takeo rivals 4-1
No it's not Arsenal, its the Takeo team, who went down 4-1 today

1 comment:

minea.m17 said...

been there watching a great match, super good... i've never seen before, even in the league champion Metfone.