Monday, May 23, 2011

Over the moon

Odion Obadin (blue), my MOTM today, tussles with Abahani's Ibrahim Awudu. Photo: FFC, Tep Phany
I am over the moon. Phnom Penh Crown stood firm and did the business today, when it mattered. A win would secure qualification to the final stage of the AFC President's Cup, and though it was tight, a win is exactly what we got. Chan Chaya was johnny-on-the-spot from close range 11 minutes from time, to net the all-important winning goal which saw the whole stadium erupt with relief and unbridled joy. More from this fabulous event later, when I've caught my breath. I'm still scraping myself off the ceiling. Crown join Neftchi in already booking their place in the final round with two wins from two games, after the Kyrgyzstan champions beat Don Bosco from Sri Lanka 2-0 in the early kick-off.

No comments: