Monday, May 24, 2010

Radio whore

Someone called me a radio whore yesterday. Maybe I am. On Thursday BBC Radio 5 in the UK interviewed me about Bou Meng's new book. Today, Radio Australia and their Connect Asia program included part of an interview I did with Liam Cochrane about the pitfalls of a football career in Cambodia. You can read a transcript and hear more here.
The intro to the piece reads as follows:
The sudden death of a Nigerian soccer player during a game in Phnom Penh earlier this month has raised questions about foreign players who migrate to Cambodia in the hope of securing a football contract. Mostly Nigerian, they arrive with expectations of big money and the chance to be drafted into the more prestigious leagues in neighbouring Thailand and Vietnam. But for many, what they find is disappointment and hardship.
Radio Australia focuses on Asia and the Pacific region and regularly has news items from Cambodia and neighbouring countries. I did a few pieces for them in December last year on the SEA Games. I am available for more whoring (of the non-sexual variety of course) upon request.

No comments: