Saturday, April 7, 2012

Naga go top

Naga gained some revenge for their Hun Sen Cup Final defeat by beating PKR 2-1
Metfone C-League action today saw NagaCorp move to the top of the table with a 2-1 win over Preah Khan Reach in a game which they deserved to win. Their game-plan, to harry in midfield, to press all over the pitch and to strong-arm the opposition youngsters, worked a treat and without their main saviour, Khuon Laboravy, Preah Khan looked toothless. Goals either side of the half-time interval did the damage in Naga's favour. Kop Isa made Moul Daravorn pay for a poor touch in his own box and a failure to clear, two minutes before the break. It had been one-way traffic for most of the 1st half for Naga and they were unlucky when ref Thong Chankethya waved away appeals for a penalty when Chuon Chum went down in the box under the keeper's challenge. The referee should've either given the penalty or booked Chun for diving. He did neither. Five minutes after the restart and Chun was all alone on the six-yard box to make it 2-0. He stayed on his feet this time to finish with ease. Despite going 2-nil behind PKR brought on a centre-half as a substitute - a weird decision by the PKR coaching staff. With ten minutes to go, Prak Mony Udom, found the net for PKR but he squandered two other good chances as his team fell to their 1st defeat.
Preah Khan Reach, beaten 2-1 by Naga, missed their main man, Khuon Laboravy
Kirivong won 3-0 with another 2 foreigners making their debut today
The second match of the day was a fairly one-way affair in Kirivong's favour, with the Takeo-based team winning 3-0 against Western University. Kirivong have already ditched two of their Egyptian trio in favour of two new Nigerian signings and one of them, Ishola Abiding, scored a tap-in for their second goal on fifty minutes. They had led from the 5th minute when Heng Kimhong volleyed them in front. The remaining Egyptian, Rada Badry added the final goal, three minutes into time added on when Western keeper Ngoy Boranoch couldn't decide whether to head or kick the ball clear, did neither leaving Badry with a tap-in. Chi Samedy was the referee, new to the middle this season, and already earning a reputation as a referee that misses more than he gives, in terms of fouls. He let so many fouls go unpunished this afternoon that any other game would've turned into anarchy. Be warned.
Western Uni found the going tough today, going down 3-0 v Kirivong

No comments: